Thursday, February 26, 2009

Food Pantry









The house is coming along, although much slower than Jordan would like, I'm sure. Poor guy - he has to work around the constant shuffle of people coming and going, a toddler who loves to "help" her Daddy, and a wife who keeps thinking up really cool things for him to make and do.
For the past couple of weeks, Jordan has been focused on the pantry/mudroom. First, he put mortar between all of the rocks in the walls (see the right side of the top photo), and then he built me a great wall of cabinets. He has built doors for the cabinets, but we are waiting for the chicken wire that we will install in place of the wood panels in the doors - just to give it that down ole' country feel.

He's now starting to work on the kitchen, which is a bit more challenging logistically. He even started putting my AGA (a very cool British stove) together last night. Yahoo! More photos to follow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pantry - the green is so pretty. Thanks for keeping us updated. Debbie B.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! And what is that I see on top of the cupboard!!?? You two are WAY too much like Lennie and I!!! And please do send more photos of the fronts with the chicken wire. Sounds cool!
Also...back in Nov. you posted a picture of (I believe) chinking on the walls....who had the "lucky" job of doing that!!?? I did our 2 bedrooms up in the cabin...what a job!!!!! Love ya! Aunt Bonnie