Friday, July 6, 2018

Grand Paris


At the end of our time in Burgundy, Annabel and I headed to Paris for a few days of sightseeing.  This was Annabel's first time in this wonderful city, and she was super excited to see the sites (Ste Chapelle, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, etc.)

We also visited the Louvre (specifically the ancient civilization section and the "Mona Lisa"), and the amazing Impressionist collection at the Musee d'Orsay.

To bolster our lagging energy afterward, we helped ourselves to an absolutely delightful cup of drinking chocolate at Angelina's:
 


We took an evening boat ride down the Seine River, and visited various sections of the city including Montmartre where we met up with Karina and Marie-Helen, dear friends from my college days.

One day we traveled to Normandy, where I finally got to tour the scenic Mont St. Michel.  I've wanted to visit this gorgeous little island since I was 14 years old, and it was well worth the wait.

On our last night in Paris, we were delighted to have dinner with Liz, a family friend from Baltimore who lives in France now.  I watched Liz grow up, and I am so very proud of the young woman that she has become. 
Until we meet again - au revoir Paris!

No comments: