Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Fall In the Air

  

 

I think I've mentioned before that I get incredibly homesick for New England this time of year.  There's nothing quite like the smell of wood smoke in crisp air while walking through a carpet of colored leaves under a pristine blue sky.  Thankfully the Big Horn Mountains are pretty in the fall too, and we've been privileged enough to head up the mountains several times over the past few weeks.

We've taken Freya a few times, and she loves being in the wild.  She doesn't seem to mind frigid alpine water too much either.  Silly dog!

 

Last weekend Jordan took me along to go scouting for elk.  We got to hike up Steamboat, which has breathtaking views.

The setting sun on the cliff face was beautiful, and I could breathe that fresh mountain air all year.  It's not home, but it's a pretty close second!

No comments: