Thursday, December 10, 2020

Mountain Meadow Wool


One day last week, Jordan's Mom, Annabel and I drove to visit the Mountain Meadow Wool Factory in nearby Buffalo.  At the factory we watched several videos highlighting local sheep ranches, and we learned about the process of turning fleeces into yarn.  Then we got to see it in action, which was so interesting.

There is a little shop adjacent to the factory, and it was definitely a struggle not to buy a ton of the beautifully dyed skeins for sale.

On our way out, Jordan's mom bought him a sweater and gave it to him as an early birthday gift.  If I'm honest, I'm a bit envious as I know how cozy and warm he'll be on those chilly mornings that we work on our new home.

Hmmm...  Maybe I'll just need to head back down and get one for myself!

No comments: