Thursday, May 16, 2013

California Girls

The BIG 4-0.  Yikes - it's coming fast for this I-still-feel-like-I'm-20 girl.  Instead of fighting the inevitable, however, I'm choosing to embrace this particular milestone.  My friends are, too.  In fact, last month two of my childhood friends and I snuck away to California for a few days.  We had a wonderful time catching up and having a lot of fun at our condo on the beach in Carlsbad, CA (just north of San Diego).

We lazed on the beach (yup, those are my knees and toes),
and toured the harbor on a sailboat, where we spotted dolphins, a mommy & baby whale, and lots of sea lions.
We toured Coronado, ate loads of gastronomical delights and saw as much wildlife as possible at the epic San Diego Zoo.  Can you see the adorable baby panda in the tree?
As great as those events were, however, the highlight of our visit was a road trip to LA where we participated in a taping of "The Price Is Right."  What a kick!  The show was definitely wild and chaotic - but what a ride!!  While I was not chosen to "Come On Down", one in our group was.  The show airs on June 5th on CBS.
Who says you can't be 40 and fabulous?!?!?

No comments: